ColorDx® CCT HD®
Researched, developed, and tested by the US Air Force, Global Allied Partners and Konan Medical
Defines the highest measure of color vision performance for aviation, aerospace and other high visual-demand medical and vocational applications.
Serious Clinical Tools
For Ophthalmology and Optometry
routine clinical testing that is easy to administer but yields powerful functional vision data
Safety / Efficacy Data
a sublime new tool to augment clinical research discovering and documenting functional vision changes over time
Easy Testing - 4 Button Response Pad
Konan’s 4-button USB response pad provides a robust ambidextrous response solution
- Facilitates maintaining fixation near the test area
- Reduces uncontrolled contrast adaptation and response time variability due to visual searching for the response character
- No inadvertent testing of keyboard / mouse skills, or hunting for one of 10 letters when the focus should be on taking the test
CCT HD provides highly granular cone-isolation contrast steps for discrete, scalar scoring.
Patient color vision trends analysis
Automatically compare exam results with prior data collected on the same patient
CE mark and FDA listed
The first and only FDA listed and CE marked cone-isolation contrast sensitivity test for color vision diagnostics
Robust Psi-marginal Adaptive Threshold and Error Estimation
Powerful Bayesian psychometric function for both threshold and error estimation
- Published technique that has wide academic use
- Estimates contrast threshold and slope virtually free of bias
- Calculation of ”guess rate” from the posterior distribution
- Addresses nuisance parameters in an adaptive manner
- Background calculation of next ‘look-ahead” of calculated trials based on distribution of prior answers
- Shown to give higher precision in the threshold estimate when the threshold is designated to be the only parameter of primary interest and the slope and the lapse rate are treated as nuisance parameters
The Low Contrast Ceiling is Lifted
The original CCT was technically limited to testing down to ~ 1.0 % contrast, but this is far above the human performance threshold
- Subjects were ”binned” into 5 basic threshold levels, the lowest of which contained the majority of responses
- There is significantly more performance data uncovered by testing to < 0.3 % contrast with highly granular contrast steps down to ~ 0.25%.
Photopic Cone Isolation
Color cone receptors (L, M, and S-cones) are active under photopic conditions.
- Common ophthalmic tests specifying photopic conditions are variously conducted generally in the range of ~ 85 cd/m²
- CCT HD provides background luminance in the mid photopic range
Co-developed with USAF
Developed and licensed in collaboration with United States Air Force School of Aerospace Medicine and OBVA (Operation Based Vision Assessment) laboratory team under CRADA
OBVA allied partners testing cone-isolation contrast sensitivity
5+ years in development by US Air Force OBVA including global allied contributors …
- Singapore, Australia, Canada, Israel, NAMI, USAARL, University of Melbourne, University of Waterloo, York University
- Effect of hypoxia on color vision – Japan
Adaptive fast testing or Full Threshold
“Adaptive” method initiates with a stimulus sequence about one-half the number stimuli of “Full Threshold” ~1 to 2 minutes total for typical patients.
Response Time as Secondary Performance Measure
Response times can be an interesting secondary metric of subject performance
Smart, Deep Synchronous Calibration
A novel, synchronous calibration method designed specifically for CCT HD
- Reliable cone contrasts tested at less than 0.2% are required to eliminate the contrast ceiling of the original CCT and challenge the true thresholds of human vision
- Periodic in-office calibration are alerted to the user once per month and the last calibration or verification date is printed on the exam report. Importantly, CCT HD does not fully stop use of the system until recalibration is completed (triggered by the lapse of a single calendar day). The calibration process only takes minutes.
Secure 256-bit encrypted patient data
Today’s medical records, at the minimum, require secure encryption.
- CCT HD uses 256 bit encryption with admin and user-specific user names and passwords.
- CCT HD also features permission-based remote training and service as well as one-button software updates.
Solid– Secure – Robust from Konan Medical
Language and literacy neutral, no character bias, Landolt C
L, M, and S cone contrast thresholds are tested using a Landolt C
A secondary measure, response timing, is also recorded and averaged for set of cone trials, with the guideline that slow response are expected to accompany difficulty in seeing the targets, and fast, confident responses are expected with normal color vision.
Easy to administer Easy to take
Low Sensitivity to Viewing Angle
IPS LCD displays provide limited changes in brightness and color irrespective of the viewing angle
Clear Auditory Feedback
User experience is further improved by auditory feedback
Robust, beautiful reporting
On-screen | printed | PDF richly illustrated reports including on-screen help and tool tips
Monocular and Binocular Test Strategies & Scoring
Binocular summation increases visualization efficiency of the low contrast targets
Richly illustrated help screens accessed with a touch of a button
Fully automated incremental backup
Incremental backups are seamless executed in the background with no operator action
Service-Defined Pass / Fail Criteria
For military customers, CCT HD ships with US Air Force and US Navy cut-off criteria