ColorDx® CCT HD®
Researched, developed, and tested by the US Air Force, Global Allied Partners and Konan Medical
Defines the highest measure of color vision performance for aviation, aerospace and other high visual-demand medical and vocational applications.
Serious Clinical Tools
For Ophthalmology and Optometry
routine clinical testing that is easy to administer but yields powerful functional vision data
Safety / Efficacy Data
a sublime new tool to augment clinical research discovering and documenting functional vision changes over time
Easy Testing - 4 Button Response Pad
- Facilitates maintaining fixation near the test area
- Reduces uncontrolled contrast adaptation and response time variability due to visual searching for the response character
- No inadvertent testing of keyboard / mouse skills, or hunting for one of 10 letters when the focus should be on taking the test
Patient color vision trends analysis
CE mark and FDA listed
Robust Psi-marginal Adaptive Threshold and Error Estimation
- Published technique that has wide academic use
- Estimates contrast threshold and slope virtually free of bias
- Calculation of ”guess rate” from the posterior distribution
- Addresses nuisance parameters in an adaptive manner
- Background calculation of next ‘look-ahead” of calculated trials based on distribution of prior answers
- Shown to give higher precision in the threshold estimate when the threshold is designated to be the only parameter of primary interest and the slope and the lapse rate are treated as nuisance parameters
The Low Contrast Ceiling is Lifted
- Subjects were ”binned” into 5 basic threshold levels, the lowest of which contained the majority of responses
- There is significantly more performance data uncovered by testing to < 0.3 % contrast with highly granular contrast steps down to ~ 0.25%.
Photopic Cone Isolation
- Common ophthalmic tests specifying photopic conditions are variously conducted generally in the range of ~ 85 cd/m²
- CCT HD provides background luminance in the mid photopic range
Co-developed with USAF
OBVA allied partners testing cone-isolation contrast sensitivity
- Singapore, Australia, Canada, Israel, NAMI, USAARL, University of Melbourne, University of Waterloo, York University
- Effect of hypoxia on color vision – Japan
Adaptive fast testing or Full Threshold
Response Time as Secondary Performance Measure
Smart, Deep Synchronous Calibration
- Reliable cone contrasts tested at less than 0.2% are required to eliminate the contrast ceiling of the original CCT and challenge the true thresholds of human vision
- Periodic in-office calibration are alerted to the user once per month and the last calibration or verification date is printed on the exam report. Importantly, CCT HD does not fully stop use of the system until recalibration is completed (triggered by the lapse of a single calendar day). The calibration process only takes minutes.
Secure 256-bit encrypted patient data
- CCT HD uses 256 bit encryption with admin and user-specific user names and passwords.
- CCT HD also features permission-based remote training and service as well as one-button software updates.
Solid– Secure – Robust from Konan Medical
Language and literacy neutral, no character bias, Landolt C
A secondary measure, response timing, is also recorded and averaged for set of cone trials, with the guideline that slow response are expected to accompany difficulty in seeing the targets, and fast, confident responses are expected with normal color vision.
Easy to administer Easy to take